Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship program, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. The program offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Any university in the UK
Level/Field(s) of study:
One year full-time taught Masters Degree Programme in any subject. Use the course finder to find eligible master’s degrees at every university across the UK.
Number of Awards:
Around 1,500 scholarships globally will be offered.
The scholarships are targeted at citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for a complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
A Chevening Scholarship normally covers university tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, travel costs to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you must:
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
• Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
• Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
• Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
• Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2023.
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country’s page. The deadline for applications is 1 November 2022 at 12:00 GMT (midday).
It is important to visit your individual country page on the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.chevening.org/