ESED Scholarships. The purpose of the ESED scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
ESED Scholarships Host Institutions
- Any approved academic institution around the world. GSEP encourages the application of students pursuing studies in universities of the global South.
ESED Scholarships Level/Field of study:
- Master’s Programmes in areas directly related to zero-carbon energy development, sustainable energy development, renewable energy, and/or the power sector.
ESED Scholarships Target group:
Citizens of developing countries listed by DAC/OECD
A typical REEEP Invest-Learn-Share effort begins with a country or regional level analysis to determine market gaps and opportunities for clean technology deployment; a stakeholder landscape to understand key players and influencers; and an assessment of medium to long-term (5 to 15-year) market potential for delivering climate and sustainable development outcomes. These assessments are into a project strategy outlining the technology and sector targets; investment vehicles and volumes; policy and regulatory considerations; ecosystem stakeholders and evidence requirements; and engagement strategies. The investment solicitation and selection process has been secured through donor agreements.
The process is typically launched via a call for proposals. Specifics of the call are adaptable and depend on the realities of the market, as well as on the timing and administrative requirements of donors and local stakeholders. In some cases, multiple capital pools may be combined into a single call for proposals; in other cases, beneficiaries are identified through recommendations from expert networks and approached on an ad hoc basis. In those cases where is provided through a debt-issuing revolving fund, smaller calls for proposals may be issued as the fund by loan repayments. These innovative vehicles represent a promising new approach to growing investment in sectors that have fallen through the finance cracks due to ticket sizes (too large for microfinance, too small for private equity or commercial debt).
As part of a proposal, SMEs are required to submit an application form, including a draft business plan, demonstrating their ability to provide a viable, clean technology-based product or service to a market in the developed country (LDC) or middle-income country (MIC). SMEs are challenged to demonstrate how a business plan will lead to certain outcomes connected to REEEP’s core principles: reducing the effects of climate change and building local prosperity. In some cases, these outcomes may be integrated into the selection processes as specific procurement objectives, allowing for results-based financing. After initial application and due diligence process, successful applicants develop a strategic plan incorporating a stakeholder analysis, key activities, outputs and outcomes, benchmarking and key performance indicators (KPIs), and contingency planning, among other elements. This strategic plan forms the basis of entry as a project investment. Throughout its work, REEEP uses Results-Based Finance methods to verify project progress.
Worth of ESED Scholarships
- Scholarships of US$ 10,000 per year for up to two years are offered for master’s level students.
Eligibility for ESED Scholarships
- To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or other relevant fields.
- Pursue full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2022. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to zero-carbon energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
How to apply for ESED Scholarships
- Applications should be submitted together with required documents using the ESED Online Scholarship Application System.
- Deadline is 11 April 2023 (23:59, UTC-05:00) however, you are strongly encouraged to submit your file as early as possible.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application system and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: 11 April 2023
Official Website: Click Here
Others are reading
MPOWER MBA Scholarship for International Students
Harvard University Scholarships in USA – Apply (Fully Funded)
Canada Improves Protections for Foreign Workers on Temporary Visas
Fulbright Scholarship 2023 | Application Process (Fully Funded)
International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2023
Cornell University Scholarship For International Students 2023
University of Miami Stamps Scholarship 2023 | Fully Funded | USA
How to save on car insurance: 6 ways to lower your rate
Horatio Alger Scholarship 2023 USA
Can You Renew Car Insurance Online?
What is mortgage insurance? Here’s what it is and how it works
University of Melbourne Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)