Hubert Humphrey PhD Scholarship. The Humphrey Fellowship Program is for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellows’ home countries.
Hubert Humphrey PhD Scholarship Host Institution
- Fellows are placed at one of the participating USA universities. Fellows are not able to choose which university they will attend. Rather, they are assigned in diverse groups of 7-15 to the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and professional field.
Hubert Humphrey PhD Scholarship Level/Field of study:
As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. The eligible program fields are:
• Agricultural and Rural Development
• Economic Development
• Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
• Finance and Banking
• Higher Education Administration
• HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
• Human Resource Management
• Law and Human Rights
• Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
• Public Health Policy and Management
• Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
• Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention
• Teaching English as a Foreign Language
• Technology Policy and Management
• Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
• Urban and Regional Planning
Hubert Humphrey PhD Scholarship Target group:
Higher education in the United States is an optional stage of formal learning following secondary education. Higher education is also referred to as post-secondary education, third-stage, third-level, or tertiary education. It covers stages 5 to 8 on the International ISCED 2011 scale. It is delivered at 4,360 Title IV degree-granting institutions, known as colleges or universities. These may be public or private universities, research universities, liberal arts colleges, community colleges, or for-profit colleges. US higher education is loosely regulated by the government and by several third-party organizations. In 2021, US student loan debt amounts to more than $1.7 trillion. According to the National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) and National Student Clearinghouse, college enrolment has declined every year since a peak in 2010–2011 and is projected to continue declining or be stagnant for the next two decades. The US is unique in its investment in highly competitive NCAA sports, particularly American football and basketball, with large sports stadiums and arenas
Worth of Hubert Humphrey PhD Scholarship
The Fellowship provides for:
• Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
• Pre-academic English language training, if required;
• A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
• Accident and sickness coverage;
• A book allowance;
• A one-time computer subsidy;
• Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events);
• A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional, visits, and conferences.
Eligibility for Hubert Humphrey PhD Scholarship
The applicant must have:
• An undergraduate (first university) degree,
• A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
• Limited or no prior experience in the United States,
• Demonstrated leadership qualities,
• A record of public service in the community, and
• English language ability
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section, or Fulbright Commission in your country of residence to learn about possible specific program requirements (link found below).
How to apply for Hubert Humphrey PhD Scholarship
- Application deadlines vary by country but fall around May to September each year. The nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission will advise you of its internal deadline for receiving applications. Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by 1 October.
- Please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or Bi-national Fulbright Commission in your country for more information about application procedures.
- It is important to read the FAQs and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: Before 1 Oct
Official Website: Click Here
Others are reading
MPOWER MBA Scholarship for International Students
Canada Improves Protections for Foreign Workers on Temporary Visas
Harvard University Scholarships in USA – Apply (Fully Funded)
Fulbright Scholarship 2023 | Application Process (Fully Funded)
International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2023
Cornell University Scholarship For International Students 2023
University of Miami Stamps Scholarship 2023 | Fully Funded | USA
How to save on car insurance: 6 ways to lower your rate
Horatio Alger Scholarship 2023 USA
What is mortgage insurance? Here’s what it is and how it works
Can You Renew Car Insurance Online?
6 Best cheap car insurance in Ontario for 2022