Berea College Scholarships. No student pays tuition at Berea College. All admitted students receive the No-Tuition Promise, which covers 100% of tuition costs. Berea College is the only school in the United States that provides 100% funding to all enrolled international students for the first year of enrolment. This combination of financial aid and scholarships offsets the costs of tuition, room, board, and fees.
Berea College Scholarships Target group:
Berea College is a private liberal arts work college in Berea, Kentucky. Founded in 1855, Berea College was the first college in the Southern United States to be coeducational and racially integrated. Berea College charges no tuition; every admitted student is provided the equivalent of a four-year scholarship. There are still other fees, such as room and board, textbooks, and personal expenses. Most students receive grants or scholarships and do not have to take out many loans if any at all. Berea offers bachelor’s degrees in 33 majors. It has a full-participation work-study program in which students are required to work at least 10 hours per week in 1,500 campus and service jobs in more than 130 departments. Students are paid a modest salary and typically use the funds to cover the cost of housing, meals, and other expenses. Students do not get to choose their work assignment their first year but can choose during subsequent years. Berea’s primary service region is Southern Appalachia, but students come from more than 40 states in the United States and 70 other countries, with approximately one in three students identifying as a person of colour. Mountain Day is a tradition unique to Berea College. On this day, students are given a day free from work and classes. They are encouraged to hike the Pinnacles in the Berea College Forest and enjoy the mountain ranges. Students also do not get the traditional September Labour Day off. Instead, they get a Labour Day in the spring, which is used to find a new labour position for the upcoming academic year.
Worth of Berea College Scholarships
- Berea College provides 100% funding to 100% of enrolled international students for the first year of enrolment. In subsequent years, international students are expected to save US$1,000 per year to contribute to their expenses. The College provides summer jobs to international students so that they may meet this obligation.
- Accepted international students pay a US$50 entrance fee and a US$2,200 deposit to confirm their enrolment. This deposit can be used by international students for certain expenses during their 4 years of enrolment. For students who are unable to pay all or a portion of the deposit, additional financial aid is available.
- All international students are provided with a paid, on-campus job through the College’s Work Program throughout the academic year. Students may use their wages (about US$2,000 in the first year) to cover personal expenses.
Eligibility for Berea College Scholarships
- Applicants to Berea College must be students who have strong academic potential and financial needs. Most Berea College students score between 20 and 30 on the ACT (or SAT equivalent) and have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0 in a strong college prep curriculum. Students may take either the ACT or SAT.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration. The College strongly recommends the following high school curriculum:
- 4 units of English (including composition, rhetoric, and literature)
3 units of Mathematics (at least Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry)
2 units of Laboratory Science
• 2 units of Social Science/History (including World History)
• 2 units of a foreign language.
How to apply for Berea College Scholarships
- International students have to apply by 30 November 2022 for Fall 2023entry.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: 30 Nov 2022
Official Website: Click Here
Others are reading
MPOWER MBA Scholarship for International Students
Harvard University Scholarships in USA – Apply (Fully Funded)
Canada Improves Protections for Foreign Workers on Temporary Visas
Fulbright Scholarship 2023 | Application Process (Fully Funded)
International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2023
Cornell University Scholarship For International Students 2023
University of Miami Stamps Scholarship 2023 | Fully Funded | USA
How to save on car insurance: 6 ways to lower your rate
Horatio Alger Scholarship 2023 USA
Can You Renew Car Insurance Online?
What is mortgage insurance? Here’s what it is and how it works
University of Melbourne Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)