University of Waterloo Scholarships in Canada 2022/2023
University of Waterloo Scholarships is a completely financed scholarship for foreign students who want to embark on Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D. studies. University of Waterloo Scholarships is a sum of about $10,000.
University of Waterloo – About
The University of Waterloo is a public research university in Canada, constantly listed as the most creative university in Canada and renowned for its supportive education programs. It affords 6 faculties and 10 faculty-based colleges administering academic programs.
It is a great opportunity for learners to work at this university. Through management coaching, organizational growth courses, and secondments, candidates can access great chances to develop their profession.
University of Waterloo Scholarships – Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Waterloo
- Country: Canada
- Courses Offered: The scholarships are accessible to study the undergraduate and Research-based Master’s degree in any course provided by the University.
- Duration of Program: Depends on the selected program.
- Deadline: March 15th / July 15th / November 15th (yearly)
Benefits of University of Waterloo Scholarships
Beneficiaries of University of Waterloo Scholarships will be offered the benefits below:
- Award value of about $2,500 for a one-term study experience, $2,500 – $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience, up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience.
Eligibility for University of Waterloo Scholarships
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for University of Waterloo Scholarships:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world
- Applicants who hold the decent academic standing (normally at least 70% average at the undergraduate level; normally at least 75% average at the graduate level) are qualified to apply for these scholarships.
- The candidates have to be full-time undergraduate and graduate scholars in any faculty who desire to partake in an international experience in Israel, as well as a minimally-paid or volunteer international co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic requirements.
- Foreign students with a legal Canadian study permit who are enrolled full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Usually offered to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will usually only be offered to scholars incoming the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must show academic merit through requirements established by the Faculty.
- Students must satisfy the academic progress prerequisites of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This grant could be added to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc.). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorship – see next bullet.
- Usually, students should not be concomitantly getting foreign government or agency funding (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc.) or be completely or partly self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grand-parented under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Applicants will be automatically eligible for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will outline their own internal process by which they pick beneficiaries based on the eligibility requirements and allocation.
- Faculties may well enforce firmer eligibility requirements as appropriate.
How to Apply for University of Waterloo Scholarships
To win the University of Waterloo Scholarships, please follow the steps below:
- Applicants need to get admission at the university in undergraduate and graduate degree program. After getting admission, applicants can access the application on their forms pages.
- Candidates need to affix a personal statement which will refer to the application form. All candidates must submit evidence of their English language proficiency to satisfy the minimum requirements for admission.
To inquire further about University of Waterloo Scholarships, please visit the official webpage below:
TUTOR-PHC International Awards 2023
Transdisciplinary Understanding and Training on Research – Primary Health Care (TUTOR-PHC) is a one-year national interdisciplinary training program funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and the Canadian Health Services Research Foundation (CHSRF) with representation from the disciplines of Family Medicine, Nursing, Psychology, Epidemiology, Social Work, Sociology, Education and many others.
This training program is aimed at students and their supervisors from Canadian universities who are interested in interdisciplinary primary health care research.
UBC’s academic activity is organized into “faculties” and “schools”. UBC has twelve faculties at its Vancouver campus and seven at its Okanagan campus. UBC Vancouver has two academic colleges: Interdisciplinary Studies and Health Disciplines, while UBC Okanagan has a College of Graduate Studies. At the Vancouver campus, the Faculty of Arts, which dates back to the 1915 Fairview Campus, is the largest faculty with twenty departments and schools. With the split of the Faculty of Arts and Science in 1964, the Faculty of Science is the second largest faculty with nine departments. The Sauder School of Business is UBC’s Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration. The School of Architecture offers a program accredited by the Canadian Architectural Certification Board at the bachelor level (B.Arch.) and the master’s level (M.Arch.). As of December 2012, a new school was created: UBC Vancouver School of Economics in conjunction with the Sauder School of Business.The university’s first inter-faculty school, the School of Biomedical Engineering, was established in 2017 as a partnership between the Faculties of Applied Science and Medicine.
In 2014, UBC created a new “International Programs” designation separate from the traditional definition of a faculty. To accompany this designation, the university created Vantage College to allow international students who do not meet the English language requirements for general admission to enter the university’s transition program.
Eligibility Criteria For The TUTOR-PHC International Awards
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information, go through the English language requirements.
- Applicants must be International students
- Applicants must have good academic records
- Applicants must hold their previous Certificates of Degree.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Masters, Doctoral
Value of Award: Up to $48,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Eligible Field of Studies: Master’s and Doctoral degree programme in Medicine, Nursing, Psychology, Epidemiology, Social Work, Sociology, Education, and many others at the university.
Method of Application: Applicants have to take admission for the programme at the University of British Columbia. After that, have to apply online.
Application Deadline: Likely in November 2023
2023 Leslie Ann Hales English Scholarship at King’s University.
The King’s University – Canada is offering an award amount of £1,000 to students who want to pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree programme in the UK.
The Leslie Ann Hales English Scholarship was created to honor Leslie-Ann Hales who served King’s as a dedicated and inspiring English professor from 1980 – 2012.
Training of undergraduates in laboratory, field, or literary research, is figured prominently at King’s. Many projects are collaborative with other universities, non-government organizations, community groups, or international partnerships. The King’s Center for Visualization in Science is developing computer-based teaching tools for high school science teachers to simulate properties and processes in chemistry and physics. Research with implications for social policy includes Alberta’s oil sands, pluriformity in Alberta’s public education system and national delivery of men’s health services. Sustainability in business, communities, and resource-based livelihoods in Africa is the research focus of international partnerships with non-government organizations and other universities.
Students can enroll in over 650 courses across 37 disciplines. The King’s University offers three-year and four-year bachelor’s degrees in the arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and commerce, as well as a two-year Bachelor of Education after-degree. Prominent programs include the Environmental Studies program and the Politics-History-Economics (PHE) combined major. Currently, the university has over 900 students enrolled in Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Education programs. The King’s University accepts academically qualified students of all faiths into its programs.
Eligibility Criteria For The Leslie Ann Hales English Scholarship
- Applicants must apply and have high school entrance marks averaging at least 80% or a 3.30 or higher post-secondary GPA with demonstrated excellence in English courses.
- Applicants must have high school certificates with an excellent academic record.
- Applicants need to meet the entry requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- Applicants must provide evidence of your competence in written and spoken English.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Bachelor of Arts degree
Value of Award: $1,000
Number of Awards: 1
Eligible Field of Studies: Bachelor of Arts degree program with a major or first concentration in English at the University.
Method of Application: In order to apply for the scholarship, Applicants must have to take admission in the Bachelor’s degree program at King’s University.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023